Mr. Gusiev has significant legal experience in various areas of law and industries, including such regulated sectors as power generation and distribution, natural resources, oil and gas, telecommunications and transport. He also possesses substantial experience in real estate transactions, foreign investments, project financing, privatization, cross-border leasing of equipment, litigation and general corporate practice.
- Case Western Reserve Law School (USA), LL.M., 1998;
- Ph.D. in International Private Law and Civil Procedure from Kyiv State University, 1979;
- Master of Law, Kyiv State Taras Shevchenko University School of Law, 1972.
Languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian.
Membership and Activities
- Kyiv Bar Association.
- has extensive experience in establishing joint ventures specifically with Ukrainian companies and foreign investors;
- was involved in organizing privatization tender of Ukrtelecom, international tender for the sale of several Ukrainian power distribution companies, as well as international tender sale of the controlling block of shares in the largest nitrogen fertilizer manufacturer of Ukraine;
- advised such multinational companies as The Coca-Cola Company subsidiary and Imperial Tobacco subsidiary on several real estate transactions in Ukraine including acquisition of land rights for a green field construction project of the bottling plant and counseled Intercontinental Hotels and Resorts on arranging a hotel management project in Ukraine;
- advised IFC on (і) pilot privatisation projects in Ukraine (Cherkassy Azot, Odessa Meat Association, Kiev Poultry, Kherson Canary); (іі) financing of two Ukrainian power distributions companies owned by AES Washington Holding; (ііі) financing of Zeus Tile Factory;
- has experience working for parliamentary committees where he prepared comments on and drafted laws governing telecommunications, electric power sector and production sharing agreements.