Svitlana focuses on corporate and commercial law, M&A, foreign investments as well as dispute resolution. She also possesses significant expertise and experience in insurance law.
- University of California, Berkeley - School of Law, Master of Laws (LL.M.), 2015
- Institute of International Relations of Kyiv National University, Master of Laws, 2005
Languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian.
- advised Telenor, one of the world's major mobile operators:
- on various Ukrainian law issues in connection with its USD 23.8 billion transaction with Alfa Group of Russia involving the merger of assets between the Russian mobile telecom operator VimpelCom (Beeline brand) and the leading Ukrainian telecom operator Kyivstar G.S.M. in VimpelCom Ltd., including structuring and documentation of the Ukrainian part of the transaction;
- on corporate governance issues with regard to Kyivstar G.S.M. where Telenor was a major shareholder, as well as on litigations commenced by Alfa Group and its affiliates in Ukraine;
- provided legal support of Telenor's representative office in Ukraine;
- advised E D & F Man Holdings, a major global supplier of food, feeds, and biofuels, on the acquisition and operations of sugar production facilities in Ukraine, including associated corporate and regulatory issues;
- advised Sputnik Group, a major Russian and CIS private equity fund, on corporate and insurance law issues, including due diligence of a Ukrainian life insurance subsidiary;
- advised Renaissance Insurance Group, a leading Russian insurance provider, in connection with the acquisition of a local insurance company and establishment of a life insurance company in Ukraine;
- advised Russia Partners Investment Fund on various issues of Ukrainian M&A, corporate and insurance law in connection with the acquisition of a Ukrainian insurance company;
- advised Element Six (De Beers Group), the world's largest supplier of high quality superabrasives and industrial diamond materials, in connection with acquisition of Poltava Diamond Plant;
- advised a global FMCG company on various issues of corporate, commercial and employment law, as well as regulatory issues relating to its Ukrainian subsidiary;
- advised a global provider of electronic engineering and network solutions in connection with the international restructuring of the company, including its subsidiaries in Ukraine.