Roman focuses on real estate acquisition, real estate financing, general corporate and tax matters associated with real estate and construction transactions. His areas of expertise include oil and gas, energy, natural resources law and environmental regulation.
- leading lawyer in real estate and construction
The Legal 500: EMEA 2017
- recommended lawyer for real estate in Ukraine
Chambers Europe 2017
- recommended lawyer for land use and zoning, real estate, energy and natural resources, oil and gas, banking and finance
Best Lawyer 2016
- notable practitioner for real estate, construction and land
Ukrainian Law Firms 2016. A Handbook for Foreign Clients
- Kyiv National University of Economy, Master of Laws, 2002.
Languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian
- advised Eurasia Group, a major Kazakh investor, on the USD 100 million acquisition refinancing and in connection with acquisition of various development sites in Kyiv and the Kyiv Region;
- advised Citigroup Global Market and Merill Lynch in connection with USD 368 million secured financing to a group of companies, including the software department of Flextronics International;
- advised a major Austrian bank in a cross-border development financing, a US investment fund on a USD 190 million acquisition of several land plots for greenfield warehouse development in the Kyiv Region;
- advised an international shipping company in connection with the development of a container terminal on the Black Sea shore;
- advised a multinational oil and energy company and a global gas management and utilization company in connection with their activities in Ukraine;
- advised RUSAL in connection with due diligence of its alumina plant in Ukraine in preparation for RUSAL's IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange;
- advised CD Capital, a private equity natural resources fund, with regard to a joint venture to develop a major trade and recreational centre in Kharkiv, Ukraine's second largest city;
- advised US investment fund on a USD 190 million acquisition of several land plots for greenfield warehouse development in the Kyiv region;
- advised a leading agricultural company in connection with acquisition of land for grain elevator construction.