Vadym is active in M&A, corporate and commercial law, aviation law, restructuring, project finance, securities, transactional taxation, real estate.
- recommended for corporate and M&A
Chambers Global 2017
- endorsed specialist for corporate and M&A
Chambers Europe 2017
- recommended lawyer in commercial, corporate and M&A
The Legal 500: EMEA 2017
- recognized lawyer for corporate and M&A, capital markets, corporate governance and compliance
Best Lawyers 2016
- notable lawyer for corporate / M&A and transport law
Ukrainian Law Firms 2015. A Handbook for Foreign Clients
- recognized specialist in dispute resolution
Legal 500 EMEA 2010
- awarded with the Certificate of Honor of the State Securities and Stock Market Commission of Ukraine
- featured practitioner for corporate and M&A in Ukraine
Client Choice 2008 published by Ukrainian legal weekly Yurydychna Gazeta
- University of Chicago Law School, LL.M, 1996;
- National Law Academy of Ukraine, Kharkiv, J.D., 1995;
- Harvard University Ukrainian Research Institute, 1994;
- Lugansk State Pedagogical Institute, 1990.
Languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian.
Membership and Activities:
- Ukrainian Bar Association;
- Kyiv Regional Bar Association;
- Corporate Governance Council for Securities and Exchange State Commission of Ukraine;
- Arbitrator of the Kazakhstan International Arbitration Court (KIA) of the Chamber of Commerce of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- advised Volia group of companies, a leading Ukrainian nation-wide cable TV and high speed Internet provider, on the purchase of Odeko group of companies, one of the leading players on the Ukrainian pay-TV market, from PPF Group, one of the largest investment and finance groups in Central and Eastern Europe;
- advised Wizz Air Ukraine Airlines LLC on a wide range of Ukrainian legal matters, including corporate governance streamlining, personnel employment, outsourcing, training and licensing, obtaining work and residence permits for foreign employees, compensating employees and contractors, hiring and dismissing company's managers, and taxation of airline operations;
- advised Affinia Group Holdings Inc, an innovative global leader in the design, manufacture, distribution and marketing of industrial grade products and services, in connection with the sale of its chassis and filtration businesses, including a Ukrainian division, through a public offer of stocks in US holding company;
- advised STX Europe ASA (f.k.a. Aker Yards ASA), a major international shipbuilding group, on corporate, contacts, labour, securities, banking, tax, insurance, environmental law matters pertaining to its holding in Wadan Yards Okean (f.k.a. Damen Shipyards Okean), a major Ukrainian shipyard;
- advised PhosAgro, a major Russian producer of chemical fertilisers, on corporate, contracts, tax, real estate law related to its subsidiaries and properties in Ukraine;
- advised Industrial Media Network, a major Ukrainian internet provider, in connection with a buyout of its shares; a leading producer of baby and specialist foods in Russia, on corporate and labour law in connection with the company's activities in Ukraine;
- advised PPG-Helios, a major international producer of car coatings, paints and varnishes, on company establishment, corporate, contracts, labour, banking, tax law matters pertaining to its Ukrainian subsidiaries and its participation in construction of a major car building plant in Ukraine.