Mr. Solyar focuses on taxation. His areas of practice also include M&A, corporate, and foreign investment.
When it comes to taxation for more than 10 years of practice Constantin has gained expertise that covers Ukrainian general and special tax regimes as well as both direct and indirect taxes. He advises clients on a variety of international tax matters. As a Ukrainian lawyer Constantin represents clients in administrative and judicial proceedings involving Ukrainian tax authorities. Before joining Asters he worked in Big4 firms in Ukraine and in Luxembourg.
- Named Up and Coming lawyer in taxation by Chambers Europe 2015 and 2016
- Recommended in the Tax Directors Handbook 2014 and 2015 (The Legal 500 series)
- Listed among TOP-10 Ukrainian Young and Successful Lawyers during "Client Choice 2013" legal market research carried out by Ukrainian periodical Yurydychna Gazeta
- Listed among TOP-300 Ukrainian lawyers most frequently mentioned during "Client Choice 2010" legal market research carried out by Ukrainian legal periodical Yurydychna Gazeta
- Awarded a scholarship from the President of Ukraine for academic achievements
- Harvard Law School, Master of Laws (LL.M.), 2015
- National University of the State Tax Service, Bachelor of Laws, 2005
- English, Russian, Ukrainian
Membership and Activities:
- Ukrainian Bar Association
- advised Google on tax-wise structure of acquisition by Motorola Mobility (Google’s subsidiary) of IT company Viewdle that has main development centers in Ukraine;
- advised Telenor on various tax matters, including taxation of dividends distributions, taxation of Telenor’s Ukrainian representative offices as well as on the tax aspects in relation to Telenor’s USD 23.8bln transaction with Alfa Group of Russia involving the merger of assets between the Russian mobile telecom operator VimpelCom and the leading Ukrainian mobile telecom operator Kyivstar G.S.M.;
- advised Molson Coors, one of the world’s largest brewers, on Ukrainian tax implications pertaining to the multimillion agreement with Obolon brewery for production, distribution and marketing support of the UK’s beer Carling, as well as establishment and continuous legal and tax support for the company's Ukrainian subsidiary.
- advised PPG-Helios, MasterCard, Ukrborg and Sumitec Ukraine on various tax structuring and transfer pricing matters;
- advised ED&F Man Holdings, a global supplier of food, feeds, biofuel, and related services, in connection with its subsidiary's disputes with tax authorities over value added tax and corporate profit tax;
- advised EDB Business Partner ASA, a major IT group in the Nordic countries, on payroll tax issues;
- advised a number of foreign and international financial institutions on Ukrainian withholding tax issues, taxation of surety arrangements and application of double tax treaties;
- advised STX Europe Group (f.k.a. Aker Shipyards Group) on tax matters in relation to their acquisition of Wadan Yards Okean.