Mr. Igor Svechkar is a partner heading Asters' competition practice. He has been focusing on competition law for more than 18 years and has developed one of the largest and most sustainable competition law practices in the country. Igor advises clients on a wide variety of competition law issues, including merger control, concerted practices, dominance, and unfair competition. He represents clients before the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine in connection with clearances of transactions and arrangements as well as in matters involving abuse of dominance, monopolization, and public procurement review, develops antitrust compliance programs and policies, opines on competition compliance of clients' activities, transactions and arrangements. Mr. Svechkar is a frequent speaker at seminars and conferences, contributor to Ukrainian and international publications on competition law, originator and supporter of legislative and regulatory initiatives in competition law.
- recognized as one of the world's top experts in antitrust law by 40 Under 40 Survey 2015
Global Competition Review (GCR)
- Band 1 Lawyer for Competition and Antitrust
Chambers Europe 2017
- no. 1 Lawyer for Antitrust / Competition in Ukraine
Ukrainian Law Firms 2016. A Handbook for Foreign Clients
- holder of International Law Office (ILO) Client Choice Award 2013, 2012, 2011 (Competition, Ukraine)
- listed as a Leading Lawyer in Competition
The International Who is Who of Competition Lawyers and Economists 2016
- recognized as a pre-eminent practitioner in competition and antitrust in Ukraine
Guide to the World's Leading Competition and Antitrust Lawyers/ Economists 2014, Expert Guides
- the Lawyer of the Year (Kyiv) in competition/antitrust law, acknowledged expert in corporate and M&A
Best Lawyers 2014-15
- listed among 20 most successful and famous lawyers in Ukraine
Ukrainian Law Firms 2012
- no. 1 Lawyer in Competition
Legal Award 2011 by Legal Practice Weekly
- "one of the best in the country"
Who's Who Legal: CIS 2011 (Competition)
- one of the Top 25 Most Distinguished Lawyers in Ukraine
Ukrainian Law Firms 2011
- the Lawyer of the Year (Kyiv) in competition/antitrust law
Best Lawyers 2010
- a lawyer with "enviable track record" in antitrust
Who's Who Legal: CIS 2010
- the Best Lawyer in Antitrust Law in Ukraine
Kyiv Post, 2010 Survey
- listed among Top 30 Most Successful Attorneys in Ukraine
Focus Journal, 2010 Attorney Rating
- honorable Holder of the Award for Significant Contribution to Promotion of Competition by the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine
- honorable Holder of the Award for Significant Contribution to Economic Development of Ukraine by the Prime Minister of Ukraine.
- Institute of International Relations of Kyiv National University, Master of Laws, 1999;
- Utrecht University Law School, the Netherlands, International Law, 1997.
Languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian.
Membership and Activities:
- Deputy Chairman of the Public Council with the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine;
- Chairman of the Competition Committee of the Ukrainian Bar Association;
- Member of the Supporting Competition in the CIS Partnership – the advisory board to the CIS Interstate Competition Council;
- Member of the ICC Commission on Competition (Paris);
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA);
- Member of the American Bar Association (ABA);
- Member of the Kyiv Region Bar;
- Ukrainian Country Reporter for International Committee of the ABA Antitrust Section.
- acted for Allianz AG, Barclays, Swedbank AB,UC RUSAL, Arcelor, Glencore International AG, UniCredito Italiano S.p.A., Coca-Cola, Nokia Corporation, Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Electrolux, Siemens AG, Acer Europe B.V., Kodak Health Group, Ford, MAN AG, Deer & Co, LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA, YSL, Mitsubishi Chemical, Chrysler, Fiat, Onexim, Compagnie Gervais Danone in merger filings with the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine;
- advised Phillip Morris, Walt Disney Company, Coca-Cola, L'Oreal Ukraine, Daikin Europe, and Chevron on competition compliance issues;
- counselled Beiersdorf AG, Nissan Motor, Heel, and Ansell on unfair competition matters;
- advised Coca-Cola in tenders for acquisition of several Ukrainian non-alcoholic beverages plants;
- advised Nissan Motor, Renault SAS, Coca-Cola, Sumitec Ukraine, 3M Ukraine, UniCredit Leasing, S.C. Johnson, Ecolab Inc., Velux, CB Richard Ellis, TMF, McKinsey & Company, ACNielsen on various issues of Ukrainian corporate law;
- advised Telenor in VimpelCom-Kyivstar merger control case and antitrust proceedings into alleged abuse of dominance and concerted practices initiated by Farimex;
- advised Severstal Group on various issues of Ukrainian law in connection with acquisition of Dniprometyz.