Although agriculture is a key sector of the Ukrainian economy, it has long been underserved by professional advisers, including lawyers. Land and other legislation affecting agriculture remain very complex and sometimes archaic. This often creates barriers to investment and growth that we constantly work to overcome. Among our clients are major investors in our country's agribusiness.
Asters is recognized among Top 3 law firms for agribusiness in Ukraine by the Ukrainian Law Firms 2015 handbook.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, The Royal Bank of Scotland, UBS Investment Bank and Dragon Capital on the USD 250 million debut issue of Eurobonds by Mriya Agro Holding Public Limited, one of the leading agricultural groups in Ukraine;
- USD 250 million Eurobond offering by Mironivsky Hliboproduct, Ukraine's major poultry producer with construction underway to make it one of the Europe's largest;
- acquisition and operation of sugar production facilities in Ukraine by E D & F Man Holdings, a major global supplier of food, feeds, and biofuels, including associated corporate, regulatory, and litigation issues;
- USD 50 million loan facility provided by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development to NCH New Europe Property Fund to improve the fund's farming operations in Ukraine;
- USD 75 million long-term quasi-equity financing and three-year renewable financing of working capital by International Finance Corporation to Mriya group, one of the largest agro holdings in Ukraine;
- ING Bank's USD 20 million pre-export finance facility to Grain Trading Company, part of the Allseeds Group;
- joint venture between Biogreen Farms, a subsidiary of an Irish agricultural group, and the state farm Azovsky belonging to the Defence Ministry of Ukraine;
- acquisition of Advanta Lambda by Florimond Desprez, a biotechnology company specializing in development of plant varieties;
- employment matters at Syngenta Ukraine, a subsidiary of a global Swiss agribusiness company, including collective bargaining and restructuring;
In addition to these standard matters we deal with in agriculture, we are also known for our innovative solutions of novel legal problems: from land allocation to the issuance of depositary receipts on international stock exchanges for Ukrainian agribusiness companies. We provide a full range of services in agriculture.