Transport infrastructure and shipbuilding have been among our top priorities from the outset because we recognized the potential of these sectors in Ukraine with its transit potential and its established shipbuilding tradition. We have participated in many major projects in these sectors advising a number of high-profile clients on various industry-specific issues.
We advise major corporations on a wide range of legal matters:
- STX Europe (f.k.a. Aker Yards), an international shipbuilding group, on customs clearance of vessels built for it in Ukraine;
- Damen Shipyards Group, a leading Dutch shipbuilding company, on multimillion acquisition of a major stake in Okean Shipyard from Ukraine's State Property Fund, on establishing a joint ownership with Aker Yards, and in connection with restructuring of Okean Shipyard in Mykolaiv, Ukraine;
- APM Terminals, one of the world's largest operators of container terminals, in connection with land purchases and development projects;
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on a USD 27 million loan to Euroterminal to finance the construction of a logistics service centre on a 50-hectare plot to improve the efficiency of container handling and develop the inland infrastructure in the Port of Odesa, Ukraine;
- KazTransGas, Kazakhstan state natural gas transportation company, in connection with the construction of a liquefied gas terminal in Kerch, Ukraine on public port facilities;
- Deutsche Bank in connection with a USD 480 million loan facility provided to the State Road Service of Ukraine under guarantee of the Cabinet of Ministry of Ukraine for the purpose of financing reconstruction of the Kyiv-Odessa highway and relevant procurement tender procedure.
In addition to our expertise in these standard matters, we are known for our innovative solutions of novel and complex legal problems. We provide a full range of legal services in transport infrastructure and shipbuilding.