We are the law firm for media, advertising, and entertainment matters in Ukraine. Asters and our managing partner Oleksiy Didkovskiy are consistently ranked as leaders in media law in Ukraine by publications from Ukrainian Law Firms to Expert Guides. Coupled with our expertise in IP, telecommunications, and general corporate matters, this allows us to offer our clients top-notch legal services in all aspects of these industries. We regularly advise major producers and broadcasters of media content, telecom companies, advertising agencies, major advertisers from various industries, and creative individuals.
We advise major corporations on a wide range of legal matters:
- Coca-Cola Ukraine in conclusion of sponsorship agreements for prominent media personalities and popular sportsmen as well as for high profile events and advertising campaigns, such as the 2005 Eurovision Song Contest, the 2006 FIFA World Cup Trophy Tour, the Bon Aqua Star, the National Olympics Committee and others;
- News Corp. on the legal framework for television and radio broadcasting and content production;
- New Line Cinema in connection with transfer of rights to certain IP objects connected to scripts of novel;
- AVA/TBWA, DDB Ukraine, Adventa Ukraine and Initiative Media Ukraine in a wide variety of Ukrainian advertising law issues ranging from trademark agreements to advertising campaigns;
- Telenor Media in its purchase of a major block of shares in Yellow Pages Ukraine;
- Ukrainian merger clearance for Sony Pictures Entertainment €179m acquisition of the Netherlands-based 2waytraffic;
- Philip Morris Ukraine in connection with advertising of tobacco products, including indoor advertisements, special events, promotion, and provision of promotional items;
- NTV Plus in connection with various issues of satellite broadcasting in Ukraine.
In addition to our expertise in these standard matters, we are known for our innovative solutions of novel and complex legal problems. We provide a full range of legal services in media, entertainment, and advertising industries.