As in most other countries natural resources exploration in Ukraine is subject to complicated regulations. It has an important environmental dimension. The industry is also quite internationalized. That is why our local experience, coupled with extensive knowledge of environmental law and understanding of international clients make us the go-to firm for natural resources matters in Ukraine. Metals in particular are one of the mainstays of the Ukrainian economy and we have unparalleled experience working with major mining and metals clients. The firm is also one of the first ports of call for international oil and gas companies in a wide range of areas from licensing to cross-border trade and from investment issues to dispute resolution.
We advise major corporations on a wide range of legal matters:
- RUSAL, one of the world's largest aluminium producers, in the multibillion dollar merger of RUSAL, SUAL and Glencore International AG. We also advised RUSAL in preparation for their 2010 IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange;
- Azov Oil Company in connection with mortgage of oil tank farm and oil refinery in Mariupol, Ukraine;
- Mountfield Commodities Ukraine in connection with construction of a gas condensate processing plant;
- KazMunaiGaz, Kazakhstan state oil and gas company, regarding joint venture with Naftogaz Ukrainy;
- Regal Petroleum Corporation in connection with (i) exploration and production of natural gas and gas condensate in Poltava region, Ukraine; (ii) litigation regarding licensing and title to gas producing assets.
In addition to our expertise in these standard matters, we are known for our innovative solutions of novel and complex legal problems, from offshore exploration to public-private partnerships. We provide a full range of legal services in natural resources, mining, and oil and gas industries.