Ukraine has extensive and often quite complex regulations governing production, development, testing, marketing, and distribution of pharmaceuticals. Regulation of cosmetics and personal hygiene products is often not far behind pharmaceuticals in its complexity. Only a firm which truly knows this field from experience can provide adequate legal advice in this industry. We are proud to list some of the major pharmaceuticals and cosmetics manufacturers as our clients.
We advise major corporations on a wide range of legal matters:
- we advised L'Oreal on a EUR 1.15 billion acquisition of YSL Beaute Holding; GlaxoSmithKline on a USD 3.6 billion acquisition of control over dermatological pharmaceuticals manufacturer Stiefel; Teva Pharmaceutical Industries of Israel on their USD 8.96 billion acquisition of shares in Barr Pharmaceuticals; Sanofi-Aventis on their USD 2.6 billion acquisition shares in Zentiva;
- Asters provided turnkey comprehensive assistance throughout all the stages of acquisition of a majority stake in Vitaminy, a Ukrainian pharmaceutical factory, by Sopharma AD of Bulgaria. We also advised Sopharma AD on various Ukrainian corporate and compliance issues, on obtaining license for pharmaceuticals production, as well as complex contract and trademark litigation with some of its distributors;
- we closely worked with in-house lawyers at Heel, one of Europe's leading pharmaceutical companies, on sales and distribution issues, as well as in connection with protection from unfair competition;
- lawyers from our pharmaceuticals team supported Fapomed SA, a Portuguese producer of medical equipment, in the project involving engineering and construction of a factory in Ukraine;
- we worked with Ecolab, a leading provider of cleaning, food safety and health protection products and services, on trademark registration and license agreements;
- Asters advised Beiersdorf Ukraine on a range of tax, unfair competition, and employment law matters, trademark registration and licensing.
In addition to our expertise in these standard matters, we are known for our innovative solutions of novel and complex legal problems, such as legal regulation of clinical testing. We provide a full range of legal services in pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.