Experience is everything in the real estate and construction practice. Our specialist legal team has vast experience in acquisitions and sales of real estate, mergers and acquisitions in the sector, financing, and development transactions. Chambers Global recently recommended Roman Kostenko who leads our real estate and construction practice, as a leading real estate practitioner in Ukraine and a "bright lawyer who brings a solid reputation" to the firm.
We have advised a number of major players in Ukrainian real estate and construction:
- Meyer Bergman on an acquisition project Kyiv, our partners provided post-purchase refinancing support and legal counsel;
- Austrian investment and development company, Meinl European Land on the sale of shares to Citigroup and Gazit-Globe, an Israeli real estate investment company. Our services included due diligence of the company's subsidiaries in Ukraine;
- Akron Beleggingen Nederland 12 BV in obtaining clearance of the Ukrainian competition authority for the acquisition of shares in Baltic Development LLC (Ukraine);
- Russia Partners Investment Fund in a number of acquisitions and a project involving development of a greenfield site in Ukraine;
- Hypo Real Estate Bank International AG regarding the loan to a Ukrainian subsidiary of a multinational logistics partnership to finance the development of the Chaika Warehouse Centre in Kyiv;
- Our partners also advised on the multimillion sale of the Artyom Centre, which was the first investment sale in the Ukrainian real estate market.
In addition to our expertise in these standard matters, we are known for our innovative solutions of novel and complex legal problems from real estate investment funds to restructurings in the real estate business. We provide a full range of legal services in real estate and construction.