At Asters we provide a full range of dispute resolution services. We represent our clients before general, commercial, and administrative courts at all instances, as well as before international commercial arbitration institutions.
We have considerable experience in defending our clients’ rights before the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, as well as other international commercial arbitration institutions, including SCC, AAA and others. We also assist clients in recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards and judgments.
We also devote a considerable part of our practice to representing clients in administrative procedures before such agencies as the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine and the State Tax Administration.
- Highly ranked for dispute resolution
Chambers Global 2017
- Recommended for dispute resolution in Ukraine
Chambers Europe 2017
- Tier 1 law firm in dispute resolution
Legal 500: EMEA 2017
- ED & F Man Holdings, a major global supplier of food, feeds, and biofuels, in a series of matters, including defense against abusive litigation directed at its subsidiaries in Ukraine; disputes with tax authorities regarding multimillion tax penalties.
- Coca-Cola Ukraine in numerous matters arising under Ukrainian law with respect to the company’s activities in Ukraine, including litigation in Ukrainian courts in connection with defending the company’s intellectual property rights, advertising, and consumer claims.
- VR Capital (Manmade Enterprises Ltd) in a series of corporate disputes with Nadra Bank in Ukrainian administrative and commercial courts, i.e. challenging USD 443 million additional share issue of Nadra Bank.
- Lyndhurst Development Trading S.A. (in receivership and liquidation) in various court proceedings relating to USD 45 million debt collection from PJSC “Univermag “Ukraina” (shopping mall) and validity of respective claim.
- Nidera, an international producer, trader and marketer of agricultural and bioenergy products and services, in the process of recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards in Ukraine.
- Group DF in a series of corporate disputes against OJSC “Uralkalii” with regard to shares of PJSC “Azot” (Cherkassy).
- Swedbank in a series of disputes with its borrowers regarding collection of large outstanding debts totaling over USD 100 million, recovery against mortgaged property, as well as advised in respect of insolvency proceedings.
- Credit Agricole CIB before Ukrainian courts with regard to collection of multimillion unsecured debt and achieved actual enforcement of the judgment.
- Telenor, a leading provider of telecommunications services worldwide ,in multiple litigations with regard to the dispute over Kyivstar G.S.M., the leading mobile telecom operator in Ukraine, between Telenor and Alfa Group (Russia), including serving as experts on Ukrainian law in arbitration proceedings in the United States, as well as in proceedings for recognition and enforcement for an arbitral award in the United States and contempt of court proceedings associated with the enforcement of the arbitral award.
- Sopharma AD, one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in Bulgaria, with respect to litigation brought against its distributor in Ukraine before Ukrainian courts regarding breach of contract and collection of debts for medications supplied; on premature termination of licenses for certain medications; on various labor law-related litigations; and on case of misappropriation of funds.
- Nissan Motor Ukraine on matters related to consumer rights protection.
- domestic: common, commercial and administrative courts;
- international: multijurisdictional disputes, recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments;
- administrative proceedings: antimonopoly, tax, licensing and administrative penalties and fines.
- international: representation in proceedings, recognition and enforcement of arbitration awards, preparation of expert statements on issues of Ukrainian legislation.