Employment law in Ukraine is rather inflexible. Payroll taxes are high. Under a 2010 law Ukrainian tax authorities received powers to conduct audits of compliance with labour laws. This is why owners and managers of every business should seek legal counsel from those with experience in this field.
We have been advising clients in nearly all industries on an entire spectrum of employment matters from drafting of agreements to litigation for over 20 years. Asters' partners are consistently recognized for their superb track record in labour and employment law.
- Highly recommended law firm for employment
Chambers Europe 2017
- Highly rated law firm for labour and employment
Ukrainian Law Firms 2014
- Tamara Lukanina announced the Lawyer of the Year in Labour and Employment
Best Lawyers 2013
- Austrian Airlines on salary deductions, loans to employees, employee compensation and guarantees;
- Crane Canada Co., a manufacturer and distributor of banknote validation equipment, on various aspects of labour law connected with its Ukrainian subsidiary;
- Coca-Cola Company on various issues related to employment contracts, outsourcing and internal labour regulations, work place accreditations and permits for foreign employees; revision of internal labour regulations and employee policies, support of collective bargaining process and drafting of the collective bargaining agreement; advice on workplace health and safety rules, employee benefits and other labour law issues;
- Mitsui & Co. Ltd on various issues related to labour agreements and termination of employment;
- Raiffeisenbank Ukraine in connection with reviewing employment contracts according to all necessary regulations of the Ukrainian labour law;
- REHAU Ukraine in connection with appointment of general director, recruitment of employees, and obtaining work permits for foreign employees;
- S.C. Johnson, a global manufacturer of household cleaning supplies and other consumer chemicals, on labour law issues related to dismissal of the general manager of its Ukrainian subsidiary;
- Sopharma AD, a leading Bulgarian pharmaceuticals manufacturer, on labour law matters associated with the client's Representative Office and subsidiary in Ukraine, including revision of internal labour documents and employment agreements with employees of the Representative Office; legal support of redundancy; successful representation of the employer with respect to inspections of the internal labour documents carried out by the state authorities; change of the Head of the Representative Office and related successful representation in court in a labour case regarding the dismissal; legal support of the change of the CEO of the Ukrainian subsidiary, including drafting of all required documents;
- ViewSonic Europe Ltd., a leading manufacturer and provider of visual technology, in connection with drafting employment contract for the sales manager of the company's representative office in Ukraine.
- Wizz Air Ukraine Airlines LLC on various aspects of Ukrainian corporate and labour law
- employment planning for start-up businesses: drafting of employment contracts with company's management and employment agreements with employees, personnel policies including benefit packages and incentive programs;
- employment of foreign citizens, including employment permits and management services agreements;
- collective bargaining and agreements;
- reorganizations and redundancies;
- coordination of corporate elections and employment formalities;
- wage arrears and compensation plans, payroll tax planning;
- advice on compliance with mandatory preferential treatment requirements for junior and senior employees and women, structure of work time and vacation time;
- termination and severance payments;
- workers' compensation and workplace safety;
- mediation and litigation;
- general advice regarding other labour issues, such as labour agreements and contracts and development of compliant labour policies and procedures.