Asters provides a full range of services in the area of family law to Ukrainian and foreign clients, including legal counseling, drafting of various contracts concerning family matters and inheritance. We assist in negotiations and alternative dispute resolution, including mediation, represent clients before courts and government agencies, and concern ourselves with execution of court judgments.
Our lawyers are always conscious of the unique nature of this practice, parties' significant emotional involvement into the process as well as profound impact of legal decisions on the client's life. That is why they approach each client and each situation individually and offer the most efficient solution.
Family law practice is often not limited to strictly family matters. As a full-service law firm Asters is in a position to offer its clients vast expertise of its lawyers from other practices, including corporate, tax and real estate law, to solve complex family law problems. This allows us to comprehensively analyze each case and find a holistic solution. Furthermore, for the benefit of our clients, we closely cooperate with foreign law firms to create seamless cross-border experience for our clients.
Competent and timely legal advice on family law matters saves mental energy, time and money, allows to avoid escalation of conflict at an early stage, and even find a peaceful solution without bringing the conflict to the critical point.
- drafting agreements and other documentation in the area of family law and inheritance: prenuptial and post-nuptial contracts, division of property agreements, alimony, child support, custody, visitation agreements wills, agreements between heirs and other legal documentation;
- providing legal advice and representation on the following matters:
- marriage and divorce, division of marital property;
- rights of individuals in common-law marriage;
- alimony and child support;
- establishment and contestation of paternity, custody, visitation and upbringing rights;
- guardianship, placement of children deprived of parental care, adoption;
- use of the assisted reproductive technologies, including surrogacy program);
- inheritance under the will and under the law, registration of the inheritance rights;
- support in alternative dispute resolution procedures, including mediation, representation of clients before courts and government agencies in family and inheritance law matters.