Asters has one of the most dynamic practices in international trade in the country. We constantly advice and represent domestic and foreign clients in various international trade matters, including customs regulations and antidumping and safeguards investigations. Moreover, our lawyers advise clients on numerous aspects of WTO rules.
We regularly advise major companies from various industries on various international trade matters:
- Major international oil & gas company, in the scope of safeguards investigation regarding imposition of safeguards measures for import of well casing pipes into Ukraine;
- Major European producer of refrigerators in the scope of safeguards investigation regarding imposition of safeguards measures for import of refrigerators and freezers into Ukraine;
- Alcatel Business Systems on customs issues associated with importation of business equipment;
- Ecolab Ukraine, a major manufacturer of sanitizing chemicals, in connection with: the matters of customs valuation and in relations with the Ukrainian customs authorities;
- SCA Hygiene Ukraine, a subsidiary of a global consumer goods and paper company producing personal care paper products, on various issues of commercial and customs law supporting the company's operations in Ukraine;
- Tetra Technologies Inc., the world's largest manufacturer and distributor of calcium chloride, on certain issues of commercial law related to cooperation with Ukrainian distributors, including drafting agreements on products promotion and further maintenance and support in Ukraine.
- advising on export and import of goods under Ukrainian legislation;
- advising on customs clearance procedures.
Antidumping and safeguards investigations:
- advising and representing clients in the scope of antidumping and safeguards investigations.
International trade advice:
- WTO rules and legislation.