We practiced IP law from day one. We saw Ukrainian intellectual property law develop over years, becoming more and more aligned with internationally accepted standards as our experience kept growing. The firm's IP practice is one of the best in the country.
IP practice group lawyers assist in protection of trademark, copyright, inventions and industrial designs; registration of IP rights (drafting and prosecution of applications through to a grant); development of possible protection strategies; licensing and sale of IP rights.
We represent clients before the State Intellectual Property Service and other agencies and courts. Our expertise includes advice on unfair competition issues associated with IP rights and many other aspects of this complex interdisciplinary field.
- Highly rated law firm for IP
Chambers Europe 2017
- Recommended law firm in Ukraine for IP
Legal 500: EMEA 2017
- Recognized law firm for IP issues
World Trademark Review 1000 2016
- Adidas Ukraine on the issues of IP related law including revision of trademark license agreement in order to determine ability to make royalty payments and outlining the procedure for the royalty payments and associated tax implications;
- AVA/TBWA, Ukrainian subsidiary of the international advertising agency, on various IP and contract law issues, i.e. advising as to the claim of Gillette Ukraine to BIC CIS on violation of Ukrainian advertising and unfair competition laws in connection with the use of a slogan in the advertising of BIC products in Ukraine; analysis of advertisement services and trademark transfer agreements between AVA/TBWA and British-American Tobacco GmbH;
- Beiersdorf Ukraine on various intellectual property issues regarding trademark registration and license agreements; analysis of certain implications of law on protection against unfair competition and the law on protection of economic competition;
- Coca-Cola Ukraine on large variety of IP issues including information protection policy and liability of its staff for unauthorized information disclosure;
- Ecolab LLC, the world's leading provider of cleaning, food safety and health protection products and services for the hospitality, foodservice, healthcare and industrial markets, on various intellectual property issues regarding trademark registration, license and sub-license agreements;
- Elite Ukraine, a subsidiary of the leading food company Elite International B.V. (The Netherlands), on various issues of IP law including labelling and import requirements, i.e. drafting and revision of international sales and marketing contracts and licensing agreements; protection of the rights to trade and service marks in connection with violation of unfair competition or advertising laws, etc;
- Millenium & Copthorne, a global hotel company, in connection with trademarks registration in Ukraine.
- Nissan Motor Ukraine, on various IP related issues, including trademark registration, use of non-registered trademarks, protection of IP rights, and trademark search in Ukraine; counselling and successful representation of the company in consumers claims litigation related to the sales of the defective automobiles and imperfect warranty repair;
- New Line Cinema in connection with transfer of rights to certain IP rights objects connected to scripts of novel;
- VELUX Ukraine on certain issues connected to renewal of trademark registrations in Ukraine.
- industrial designs;
- trademarks, trade names;
- patents and inventions;
- trade secrets;
- media and communications;
- registration of IP rights;
- acquisition of IP rights;
- IP litigation
- customs enforcement.